- Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services: Concepts, Technologies, and Tools: This is an article by Ed Orl. It dates back to April 2005. It discusses about widely-adopted web services technologies that are available to implement a SOA, and more technologies, as well as tools, that are on the way. Check: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/soa2/.
- What's New in SOA and Web Services?: This is an article by Ed Orl. It dates back to October 6, 2005. It introduces introduces the enhanced capabilities and emerging technologies, tools, and infrastructure software to simplify creating, using, and managing services in an SOA. Check: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/soa2/WhatsNewArticle.html.
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web Services: The Road to Enterprise Application Integration (EAI): This is an article by Qusay Mahmoud. It dates back to April 2005. After reading this you can find out SOA provides a cost-effective solution to evolving and enhancing legacy enterprise information systems (EIS). Check: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/WebServices/soa/index.html.
Here are links to few more links to interviews and chat sessions with different industry gurus:
- Reap What You SOA: This is an interview of John Crupi and Dan Malks. They are better known for their best seller, Core J2EE Patterns: Best Practices and Design Strategies. In this interview they talk explain how to build a SOA and why pragmatic SOA really rocks? Check: http://www.sun.com/emrkt/innercircle/newsletter/0905cto.html.
- The Next Big Thing: Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Takes a New Route: This is an article by Janice J. Heiss. It dates back to October 6, 2005, It is an interview of RouteOne's T. N. Subramaniam and Sun's Ashok Mollin. In this they discuss about RouteOne's SOA, which serves some 80% of the 22,000 auto dealerships in the United States. Check: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Interviews/routeone_qa.html.
- Sun Java Studio Enterprise: Web Services Strategies: This is an article on Moderated Chat with Sun's Chief Web Services Strategist. The guest is Mark Hapner who is Sun Distinguished Engineer and chief web services strategist at Sun Microsystems and the moderator is Jeanne Hsu who is Enterprise Audience Manager at Sun Microsystems. It dates back to September 23, 2004. In this Mark Hapner answers a wide variety of questions about web services. Check: http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/javatools/jsenterprise/community/chats/september232004.html.